"Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather the moments that take our breath away."

Friday, April 25, 2008

FRIENDS

So there is a disclaimer that goes along with this post...if you hate mushy girly stuff and you are inclined to make fun of things of a sentimental nature especially when they are posted for all the world to see, move on and pretend this post doesn't exist. This isn't my typical update or "this is how adorable my kids are this week" post. I have been thinking a lot lately and I cannot shake this feeling I am experiencing so on the blog it goes for all the world to see. Since I have been married I have lived in a lot of places and been blessed with many many friends (you all know who you are). Here comes the mush...I have been so very blessed at every single step in my journey. From all the way back to grade school and up through college, I always had some of the most fun, uplifting, and wacky friends who made life seem brighter just because they were there. When that part of my journey ended and I started moving around the country with Brady I found new friends at each little stop we made no matter how short the duration. And still, those friends from before remained in my heart, they were and still aren't replaced. With each new addition to my "Friend Pot" the place in my heart where I keep them just grows to accommodate the new found addition. As the school year comes to a close there are many who will be leaving, some sooner than others, whom I will miss dearly and as they go our turn comes a little closer. I am getting anxious to start a new chapter in our lives but can not tell all of you how your friendship has shaped who I am becoming. From the Costco pizza and hot dogs, the late night Cheesecake Factory indulgences, the chats at the park or in a car as we drive to some activity, the food you share when you just have to much, the American Idol shows you tape and share so I won't miss it, the kind words and sweet things you do for my kids...they love you all like family, the invites to have dinner or dessert or to share in your date night, the early morning runs, the late night talks, the email jokes you send and the comments that you leave on my blog. All these things and so much more brighten my world and make me want to be a better friend. So mushy, mushy, mushy...I love you all and just want to post a gigantic THANK YOU to everyone. By just being you, you make my life better.

5 comments:

ANDY and MANDY said...

BECKY IT IS SO NICE TO HAVE GOOD FRIENDS. IT IS EVEN NICER TO BE FAMILY WITH SOME. THANKS.

Melanie said...

Let's just pretend that you are never going to move!! A huge mushy mushy thank you to you too!!

Mallory Stuecklen said...

WOW! What a good little speech to friends. I love you very much and i know we have our little differences but know that you will always be my friend and ill be a friend that you will never lose.
"Sisters by fate friends by choice."

Elaine said...

Right back at ya, sweetie! I'm up for another midnight Cheesecake factory run any day! And I always enjoy our talks. And I can't imagine serving the YW without you being a part of it. I'm grateful for friends like you who make me who I am.

Ashley and Cody said...

Just wanted to tell you I'm grateful for a friend like you. Thanks for everything!