"Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather the moments that take our breath away."

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

It's Here Already!

Well, it's almost here! This Saturday is the day so ready or not, after Saturday morning, I will have finished (hopefully) my first mini-marathon. I am anxious and pretty excited. I feel like I am really as prepared as I can be... I started late with my training but I have been able to get some long runs in and feel like I will be able to finish. I really have no goal for time I just hope to be able to finish the race strong and not have to crawl across the finish line or have the bus pick me up HOURS after I start. Right now I am in a whirl wind of trying to find out just what training is best right before the race, what to eat to fuel my body, and what to wear. It seems like everyone that has done a mini before has their idea of what is best and there really are no two that are exactly the same. So with with no experience and a whole lot of advice I will jump in with both feet and do my best. Wish me luck!

11 comments:

Laura said...

Wow! Good Luck!

How long is a mini marathon anyway?

Kyrsten said...

Rebecca, You're going to do great! Will Brady & the kids be able to be there to cheer you on? I hope you finish strong too! You'll have to get them to take pictures & post some. :)

ANDY and MANDY said...

GOOD LUCK AND BEST WISHES!!! I HOPE IT WILL BE THAT YOU TRAINED FOR. TELL EVERYONE HELLO AND C-YA LATER.

Veronica said...

Good Luck. I think it is good that you aren't trying for a certain time, one step at a time. I am excited to hear about how it went and what you thought about the whole thing.

Elaine said...

Good luck!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck! :)I'm cheering for you!

Stacey said...

Yeah, how long is the mini? I'm signing up for a half marathon on May 1st. Luckily it isn't until the end of August so I can plenty of time to train. You'll have to give me some of that advice and let me know what you did and if it worked for you.

The Terrell Family said...

GOOD LUCK!!!

Mallory Stuecklen said...

Good luck your going to do great. I wish I had that ambition but I think ill just stick to walking I dont like to run so much. Oh and hey I got our nail appointment it will be so fun

Ashley and Cody said...

Good luck and I'm so proud of you for training so hard. You will do awesome!!

Unknown said...

Hey Becky! I hope you did awesome on your marathon! I admire you for doing that! It's Awesome! SO I'm new to this blogger thing, and I need help!