"Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather the moments that take our breath away."

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sweet Success

As many of you may remember, we started this little process called potty training about 3 months ago. We thought we had it about licked (she'd gone about 2 weeks without an accident, but with lots of persuasion) when our little sweetie decided that she didn't really want to use the potty anymore!!! I fought it for a few days because I thought we were so close, but gave up because I got tired of fighting it and cleaning up pee pee messes. Fast forward to sometime in January when the little princess herself woke up one morning and said she wanted to wear panties again. Of course I let her not knowing just how long it would be until she pulled the "just kidding" card once again. I wasn't a big fan of the joke the first time and probably wouldn't like just as much the second time around. However, this time seems to be the real thing. She goes everywhere in panties now and we really don't have to worry about accidents except the occasional tinkle as she's running to the potty or trying to pull her pants down. I couldn't be more excited. Right now I can say that it really wasn't that bad...although I think potty training is very similar to things like childbirth in that you forget all the pain when it's over and just think of the blessings.
Oh and did I mention, I love this little girl, attitude and all!!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

HIP HIP HOORAY KAMRIE! (did I spell her name right?)
Rebecca- did i tell you that my blog is private & i would love to invite you if you want. just email me- aalee38@wmconnect.com
Potty training is the best... when its over and done.

jEnNi said...

Thats so fun!! She is so adorable!! Sitting on the potty and all!! I hope all is well with you and yours. Did you know that Ang is expecting in July?? YAY for babies!! Love ya.

Melissa said...

what a mile stone congratulations!

Lindy said...

We love her, too. I love how - if you click on the picture - it looks like she has a snot bubble coming out of her nose. And it looks like she's laughing about it!! LOL!

Naomi said...

Yay Kamrie! Congrats Rebecca- having only one in diapers when the baby comes is going to be SO nice! :)

Mallory Stuecklen said...

What a big girl! She is such a doll just like her aunt Mal just kidding!;)

Veronica said...

That is so great, for you and her. What a big girl and how great that you won't have two in diapers. How are things with your pregnancy? I want to see more prego pictures:)

Anonymous said...

if she is having a problem pulling down her pants I would love to help her, I will pull down her knickers too, once she pees I will lick her clean then give her a "special" treat for being good, like them in knickers instead of diapers it is easier to get at their little pu==y