"Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather the moments that take our breath away."

Monday, January 14, 2008

More News

I have more news... and no I am not pregnant. It looks like from the comments on my last post a few of you are getting a little hasty with the baby news. We will wait for a bit on that one. But for now I just got called to be the Secretary in the Young Women's Presidency in our ward. I am really excited to work with the girls and the Presidency I will be working with is amazing. I really am lucky, however, I have this huge feeling of responsibility that is with me all the time(well for the last week anyway). Any of you that know me well know that I am very organized and I love lists, great attributes for a secretary to have but there are just so many things on that list already. Another interesting piece to the puzzle is that Brady is also in the Young Men's Presidency so we have to juggle mutual and Sunday's with the kids. I know it will prove to be a huge blessing for all of us and I can't wait to get to see just how wonderful the girls are. If any of you have any advice to share I want it...all of it. I know lots of you have served in callings similar to this or you just have good advice because you are awesome...please share! I can't wait to hear what you all have to say.

11 comments:

Lindy said...

You're going to be great in there and the girls will love working with you. I love those girls...I learned so much from them, and had a lot of fun. Call us if we can help with the kids!!!

TC said...

AWw man....that's the dream calling to be in YW's...I want to be in YW's sooooo bad again:)...Jealous....Very Jealous:) Hey when r u guys coming to Utah? Oh and we're gonna be teaming up with Slim and Karly this summer...talk about a reunion...wouldn't it be funny if we went to Indiana? hehe...

Jenny said...

What a fun calling that will be. I have never been in Young Women's so good luck is the only advise I have.

Laura said...

I really loved being in YW. The hardest part for me was finding the balance between wanting to be the girls' friend and needing to be their leader.

I don't think the girls would mind if you brought your kids to activities with you. At least, my girls never minded when I'd bring Makayla along. She was about 1 at the time.

Good luck! I think you'll really love it!

TORI, SHAD, AND TY said...

CONGRATS ON THE CALLING-YOU WILL BE SO GOOD! THE GIRLS WILL LOVE YOU. GOOD LUCK! KEEP IN TOUCH!

Paige said...

You are going to be great. I have tagged you on my bolg so go read it and get directions!

The Wuthrich Family said...

Hey Beck I was in the yw for about 2 years and loved it. It was alright taking Hallee with me the girls loved it. Then she became the center of attention so I asked the bishop and he let me put her in nursery a couple months early. I was so worried that the girls wouldn't get anything from there lesson because Hallee had to have everyone laughing. It was a great calling.
Jamie
keithandjamie.blogspot.com

Mandy Curtis said...

I'm sure your doing great in your new calling . . . I served in the YW's and I agree with Laura, it is hard when your a young woman leader to find the right balance of being a leader and friend. You will do great! Your family is adorable. . . last time I saw you was Christmas 06, right after you had Kamrie, and two weeks before I had Carlee. . . how fast time flies! Keep in touch!

Laura said...

Hey! You haven't posted in a while. I'm sure it's because you are busy. How's your new calling in YW going?

Charity Smith said...

Hey Becky
Your kids are so cute! I can't believe I have lost so much time with all my friends I guess when we where kids we just never thought it would happen! I just got started with my blog and I can't quit looking at everyones families.

Stacey said...

I worked in the YW for almost a year and loved it for the most part. Just get to know all the girls and love them. P.S. since you haven't been blogging lately I thought I would help you along so I tagged you. Go read our blog to find out what you have to do.