"Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather the moments that take our breath away."

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Happy to be Home

It has been way too long! I thought I would get a little time to update during our trip but most of it was filled with constant excitment and the part where I had a little bit of time to relax was spent in an area where high-speed internet is not a comidity that is highly sought after. So instead of trying to update with the curse that is "dial-up internet," I saved it all for the end. So here I am with a ton to say and quite sure that noone can possibly care enough to read or look at it all. With that said, enjoy whatever tidbit you would like and it's good to be back.

Travel Log: Because of the nature of this trip I am going to record things travel log style. Some of it may not be really interesting but it is mostly just so I don't forget it all.

Traveling...


June 24th: After a long night of packing and tying up all the lose ends for 3 weeks, we left for the airport around 6am. The flights were great (really, the kids behaved better than they ever have during the plane ride). It was Gma Robbins' Birthday so we spent a couple hours with her before making the drive to Idaho. We had a fun cook-out with all my siblings and their kids to welcome us "Home."

June 25th: We had a nice relaxing day just hanging out with family. Gpa Smith made Caden a bow out of a willow, it was a real highlight for Caden.


Wedding Preps...

June 26th: The Bride and I got our nails done by one of my old High School friends. It was great to spend time with Mal and Jamie and I had a blast catching up. We also cut up fruit and made fruit Cabobs for the wedding before heading to the rehersal dinner. After dinner Brady and I played horseshoes with a couple of champs and almost won (we still need to have a rematch). Then we stabed sticks into fruit late into the night in the name of great wedding refreshments.

June 27th: Wedding Day!!! We woke up bright and early to start decorating. After that was done I did a little bridemaid brunch for the girls and then it was time for all of us to get ready. Mal looked so georgeous and the wedding was really beautiful. I am so glad she found someone who loves her as much as Tanner does. He is a great addition to our family. After the wedding and the clean-up were done we headed back to Utah so that I could run a 5K the next morning.



Family Reunion FUN Vacation

June 28th: Arrived in Utah at 3:30am...got up at 6:30 to run the 5K. Connie (my mother-in-law) got a bunch of us cousins and aunts to run before our family reunion that day. It was fun to have everyone there cheering us on and watching the others cross the finish line.The run was awesome. Thanks Lindsay for pushing me. I wish you lived closer so we could run together all the time. We had a fun family reunion with Brady's family filled with good food, exciting water activities, and swimming at the end of the day. Thanks Gpa Denning for everything, you really know how to throw a party.



June 29th (Sunday): This was a fun relaxing day just spent chillin' with family that we miss so much.


June 30th: We took a little trip to Park City to visit some friends. It was so good to see their little family and see where life has taken them. Thanks Brandon and Christina for everything, we really had a great time. The kids and I made the long drive back to Gpa and Gma Robbins so we could wake up the next morning and embark on a boating adventure at Bear Lake. Brady would follow the later the next day.

TO BE CONTINUED...

4 comments:

Paige said...

I am glad you made it home. It sounds like you had a busy but very fun couple of weeks. I can't wait to hear the rest.

Unknown said...

It sounds like you had an action-packed few weeks. I am glad you enjoyed your time with family and friends. And just so you know, I always care to read what you have to say! I so wish I could've made it to see you, it makes me so sad. but at least we have blogspot to keep up with each other :) Good job with all the running you do by the way, I don't know if I could ever get the ambition up to do that. well I will be checking in for more updates, bye for now.

Ashley and Cody said...

It sounds like you had a really fun time at you. That is awesome you got to run the 5k while you were home. You look beautiful at you sister's wedding. We miss you!!

Melanie said...

Love the pictures! Your hair looks darling in the wedding pictures by the way!!!!!