"Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather the moments that take our breath away."

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Why Not Do it Together


Brady and I celebrated our sixth anniversary on October 4th. This post is a little late but I didn't want to let it pass without taking a minute to say just how lucky I am. During the six years we have been married, we have jumped from school to work and back again several times, each time knowing that our final goal was eventually a career in dentistry. Now that we are so close to that goal, I really can't believe how far we have come. We have lived in so many places, brought 2 (almost 3) beautiful children into our home, and created many memories. Throughout every part of our lives together Brady has worked himself silly to make sure I could fulfill my dream of being a mom. He always has my best interests at the forefront of his mind and I'm sure he loves me more today than the day I married him. After adding the kids, the school, the callings, and all the day to day stuff, we don't have as much time to spend just focusing on each other. As I listened to a radio show last night and contemplated all that we do I came to a realization again that I always knew to be true. On the radio program there was a couple who had dated for 8 years!!! and the girl still wouldn't get married. The guy had proposed 4 times and each time she had something she needed to accomplish before she would oblige. As I listened to what I thought were silly excuses as to why people don't get married I found myself feeling so lucky. Lucky to know that you can accomplish things together and by doing just that your bond will be strengthened. Instead of going through all the joy and sorrow triumph and defeat that life has to offer alone, why not share it, all of it, with the one you love. All your joy is completely magnified as you have someone else to see just how great it is with you and when there are rough times he is there too, to let you cry on his shoulder and tell you it really isn't that bad and if it is, there is just no way it will last forever. Brady and I have had a little of it all. We have experienced so much joy that at times we thought we would burst because we couldn't hold anymore, times we wondered how we would find the strength to even go on, and still just those in between days where nothing is great or terrible just ordinary...but each experience we've tackledtogether. Thanks, honey, for being my other half and for doing all you do, but especially for doing by my side. I love you!!!

6 comments:

Veronica said...

Congrats on six years. That was a very sweet post. Being married is so worth it, thanks for the reminder:)

Jayson & Carrie said...

Happy six years!! I didn't realize we were married only a couple months apart! Our six years in August seemed to fly by...and you're right, being together is so much more fulfilling than going it alone. Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you- It would not be as much fun going through life alone. HAPPY 6 YEARS! I do also love that man and woman were made so differently- it does help balance each other out! :)

Morgan@LittleHouseofVeggies said...

Hey YoU! Im so glad that you stopped by my blog. So far we love it here. If you ever end up here we will definilty need to get together. Looks like you guys are doing good. :) Keep in touch

Naomi said...

Happy Anniversary! Thank you for saying all you did- I totally agree. Living life with the one you love is the only way to go.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Kids (a month ago!) It sure is rewarding watching your children marry and then develop such a sweet marriage with their spouse. We're glad you're part of the family, Rebecca!
I loved looking at the entire blog today! You both look so happy - and my grandkids couldn't be any cuter!!! I love the way you all have such fun in life together - thanks for making Grandma's day! Just keep taking care of my little #3!! We're getting anxious for April! :)

I love you all! Grandma Robbins