"Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather the moments that take our breath away."

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Avery Mae

I have just recently realized again how each subsequent child has fewer and fewer pictures of themselves while gr owning up. I was 4th of 5 and just thought that my parents really had picked me up on the side of the road when I was small like my brothers always told me because there were no pictures to prove that I was really theirs. In all seriousness though, I was looking at my pictures while trying to catch up on my blogging and realized that my little Avery doesn't have nearly enough film (or memory card) time. So I am making it a goal to take more pictures of her, at least one per month to document her growth but hopefully more just to remember just how darn cute she is. Here are the first few. She is such a joy!
One Month


Two MonthsThree Months
Avery is almost 16 weeks old, my how the times flies. Here are some of the many things she loves and some that we love about her.


  • She has been sleeping through the night since she was around a month old (what a blessing)
  • She smiles every time she sees Caden or Kamrie
  • She loves "The Wheels on the Bus"
  • She Laughed for the first time on June 30th
  • She discovered her feet on July 22nd and they have become one of her favorite things to play with
  • She has found her hands and is constantly sucking them
  • She has just started grasping toys and bringing them to her mouth
  • She may be a thumb sucker...for about a week every morning when I woke up she was sucking her thumb, but she hasn't done it for a while, so I guess only time will tell.

This post is a little old (7-21-09)but I never posted it because I was going to add more. Here is this for now and know that more about our little angel is to come.

6 comments:

sarefamily said...

You have such beautiful babies- not a surprise knowing their mommy!!! I was reading your 'bad day' tale. Unfortunately I can relate all too well. All we can do is laugh and hope tomorrow is better!!!!! Glad you guys are doing so well and have fun with your parents!!! It's so nice to have people visit when you live so far away.

Kyrsten said...

I hardly recognize Avery! She's such a beautiful little baby, Rebecca & Brady!

Unknown said...

Hey there's nothing wrong with a thumb-sucker! Just pay her $15 and she will quit cold turkey!!! LOL...she is the cutest thing and my how time flies. I remember having talks when we were "young" about where we would be when we were in our 20's, well here we are:you have 3 kids, I have 2 and life is GRAND!

Unknown said...

She is so pretty- She has changed SO MUCH! Nice for a update on her!!

Veronica said...

She is adorable. Very pretty just like her mommy and big sister.

Jami said...

She is so adorable! Hopefully all is going well with you and your family.