"Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather the moments that take our breath away."

Monday, August 24, 2009

The Beginnig of the Rest of His Life

Well, the big day has come and gone. There was so much anticipation for Caden's first day of school. I still can't believe that he is old enough for kindergarten. We had a really good time taking him and introducing him to the world of Grade school ...Brady had the day off so he was able to be a part of it all. It was great for me to have his support and have someone to drag me away as Caden walked in and gave me a second glance and a wave as if to say, "are you going to be okay mom?" I am so proud of him and it is fun to see him grow, but so hard to have to let go just the tiniest bit.
We live super close to the school so we are able to walk or ride bikes at least while it is warm. Caden loves an excuse to ride his bike everyday and Brady even gave him his bike lock from back in the day so he feels totally cool.

Locking up his bike.Waiting for the door to open.His first moments in class.
Caden you are such a big boy and I am so proud of you every single day. I hope that as you go out into the world little by little you will remember how much we love you and that no matter how big you get, you will always be my little miracle baby. I love you buddy.

8 comments:

Laura said...

This morning was Makayla's kindergarten screening. Her first day is next week. More than being sad about her going to school, I keep thinking "When did I get old enough to have a child in kindergarten?"

Hope Caden loves school!

Unknown said...

I didn't realize that Caden was already old enough to go to school. Wow! Mason starts on Thursday- I hope that I can handle it as well as you did. I'm so nervous and scared and excited... All at the same time!

Melissa said...

oh don't make me cry! good luck to both of you on this new adventure

Kristi said...

oh he is getting big! he is so cute! it's hard to send them off into the big world, huh? your kids are so adorable!

Ashley and Cody said...

Your kids are so adorable and you deserve a little something for throwing 2 parties so close together. Fun, fun!! Happy birthday guys.

Stacey said...

Why are moms always sad when this day comes? I can't wait!!! Only 3 more years. I guess I will understand when they day actually comes.

Jayson & Carrie said...

Jayden went this morning. I'm glad there are others who are having their first go also. I can't believe we have kids that are in kindergarten! Crazy! I was so sad last night and so excited for him this morning. Hope our boys love it! ;)

Anonymous said...

Rebecca I miss you! You look so happy, and your kiddos are georgous! Please e-mail me at kbosch25@live.com so I can invite you to our blog and you can see our new kiddos!