"Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather the moments that take our breath away."

Monday, December 21, 2009

Deck the Halls

I'm not even going to apologize for taking so long to post this update. December is a crazy time for everyone so I'm sure you understand. We have been having a fantastic time getting ready for Christmas. We were able to get a "real" tree again this year, however the Christmas tree lot where we got it was not nearly as exciting as the tree farm from last year's adventure, but we still made some memories in the below-zero, freezing Denver weather. We picked by far the coldest day of the year to date to get our tree but the chill didn't bother the kids. We found a great tree and got it up but the decorations had to wait for a couple of days. It was a long time coming but we were pretty happy with our final product.
Looking for the one for us...Caden liked this one
Kamrie liked the baby one (does that surprise anyone?)And daddy wasn't quite sure.Avery was a good sport, but I don't think she really loved her first Christmas Tree adventure.The kids took a little break and warmed up in the little shack by the lot.
Avery was so excited to help decorate.
I love the look of intense concentration
I have found that one downside to having a real tree is the NEEDLES! I keep the vacuum right next to the tree and suck up needles at least twice a day. Brady kind of thinks I'm obsessed but they drive me crazy...I think it just might be enough to make me get an artificial one. I guess we'll see.

3 comments:

Jacob and Meredith Hammond said...

That is one beautiful Christmas tree! Great pictures!

Unknown said...

SO CUTE!
Love the tree!

Stacey said...

Owhhh, how pretty. I love fake trees. One time expess and only 2 days of needles. 1 day when setting up and 1 day when taking down. We got a pre lit tree this year too which was SOOOOO nice.