"Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather the moments that take our breath away."

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

This year I planned ahead and was able to carry on a family tradition that I have always looked forward to and loved. Everyone who knows her knows that my mom is one in a million when it comes to making Christmas candy. I have always taken it for granted as I was always too close to really appreciate it. However, the last couple of years since I have been away from home during the holidays I have come to realize just how wonderful and unique her talent really is. I hope that by starting now and calling about every half hour to ask silly questions that someday I might be almost as good as she is. Thanks mom, for teaching me everything I know and for all the wonderful memories in the kitchen at Christmas...I hope that my kids will have some great one's too.

Brady had a couple of days off during the week so we took full advantage and spent an entire day in the kitchen making Goodies. By the end I was grumpy and ready to be done, it had been a long day and nothing seemed to turn out as good as I remembered it at mom's...hopefully with practice I can master the skill. All in all we had a really great time. Everyone pitched in and when we were done we delivered a few plates. The kids loved it and sang "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" at every single house (which surly comes from the Robbin's side), it was so cute. Caden even delivered a plate to his new "friend" Sarah, that was his only request so I thought I should honor it. When we got to the door he was so shy I had to do all the talking but I hope it scores him some points.


The caramel's actually come from the kitchen of my mother-in-law and they are by far the most delicious I have ever tasted. Ours were not quite hard enough but we will try again next year.


Kamrie really loves to help and of course she wants to do everything herself.



Brady was such a good sport...he helped an ton in the kitchen and I think he had to make 3 grocery runs. Thanks B, it would have been a disaster without you.
The "tasty fingers" one of the best parts.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

My mother in law makes YUMMY Christmas candy too. I have attempted to a few times myself. I am not as good as she is but I hope to be one day too! Way to go, everything looks really yummy!

Ashley and Cody said...

You are definitely a little Martha Stewart with all of your candy and the adorable aprons!! Great job, they look awesome!! You have such a cute family. Your kids are getting so big and your little girl looks just like Caden. So cute!! You look great too, and Brady looks like a natural in the kitchen! Merry Christmas

Stacey said...

You are amazing! The stuff looks good and how fun that you let the kids pitch in and help too.

Kristi said...

oh i bet your treats were delish! but i think they never taste as good as when somebody ELSE makes them...so don't be toooooo hard on yourself! hope you had a very merry christmas!

TC said...

Wow!!!! I want some...the best I can do is Betty Crocker mizes although thanks to your recommendation our ghiradelli brownie mix always scores rave reviews!!! I guess we'll just have to give Brady a couple more years before he starts his own practice in Utah...hehe...We promise to be regular clients!

The Kolste Family said...

Hey! I didn't know how else to get a hold of you. Did you know someone has sent out a mass email from your account asking for money? It didn't sound like it was really from you, so I thought I would check. Anyway...let me know.

The Kolste Family said...

Hey! I didn't know how else to get a hold of you. Did you know someone has sent out a mass email from your account asking for money? It didn't sound like it was really from you, so I thought I would check. Anyway...let me know.