"Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather the moments that take our breath away."

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Fall Break

Well I promised that I would post an update of all the fun things we did over our fall break and here it comes...I hope you are ready because we really had a blast. Brady had a couple of days off school and the clinic was closed so he couldn't even work if he wanted to, so we were able to go out and have some fun time as a family. Since it was our anniversary, we decided to do something a little out of the ordinary, but we brought the kids and let them be a part of the fun too!!! There is an indoor water park not far from our apartment that is inside a hotel so we went up on Thursday after Preschool and spent the night there. Our kids absolutely love the water so they couldn't have loved anything more. We were able to swim Thursday and Friday and we had lots of other fun things to do as well. After swimming until we were water logged on Thursday we went to a little cafe that was a couple of stories above the pool but you could still see the really island like decor so it felt like we were off in some exotic place and since it was a weekday we were almost the only ones there, how fun! After that the kid in Brady took over and we played arcade games for a few hours...all of you that know him probably don't find this hard to believe. He isn't really a gamer but for some reason he loves the old school arcades and Caden and Kamrie were in Heaven. It was so much fun just to play together and not have to worry about all the little details of our lives for a minute. After cashing in all of our tickets and getting our prizes we went back to our room and watched Ratatouille. We had a king sized bed and the kids jumped around and crawled over us until they just couldn't go anymore and they finally crashed. The next morning we ate an awesome breakfast and then played a little put-put golf, which Caden loves, before going swimming for a while longer. The day ended with Brady playing double header softball games with a team he is on here with some other dental students and some guys from our ward. He loves to play, the kids love to be there, and to me it is great to see him doing something he loves so much. I also have a group of wives to hang out with that are pretty fun girls so it is a nice time out for me too, I guess we all win!!!




We were also able to listen to conference (I am jealous of all of you who are still in the Utah/Idaho area where conference is on TV. We either have to get it on the Internet or go to the church and watch, with two little ones, not the easiest task), go to the apple orchard, and get some pictures of the kids taken over the weekend. All in all I think we had a pretty great time. Like all good things I am really sad to see Brady go back to school tomorrow, it was almost like we got a much needed break from life to just enjoy each other. I really love and look forward to times like these.



This is the pirate ship at the water park that was designed for the kids , they loved it... there were little water slides for them and everything.

Caden and daddy playing games at the arcade

These are the prizes we won with our tickets from the arcade...hardly worth the 20+ dollars we probably spent but it was a blast, and hey that's what vacation is all about right?

My little golfers!!!

I think she ate just about as many as we brought home but she was content as long as there was an apple in her had so we just let her go.

Caden really liked picking apples with the claw and deciding weather they were good enough to go in the bag or not, believe it or not most of them didn't make the cut. They either had too many "dimples or circles" as he called them. I'm not really sure what criteria he followed but we sure got some good apples.

6 comments:

Paige said...

I agree with you, little vacations like this are life savers. You make me want to go away this weekend!

attack of The Mouse said...

I miss the little apple orchard. That is such a fun place. I'm glad you guys had a good little vacation. They are the best kind.

Lindy said...

The first thing I noticed when I read this is that I spelled Kamrie's name wrong on my blog....argh! No worries, though, I fixed it immediately. I absolutely LOVE the picture of her with the apples. John and I are wondering what your secret is to making such adorable kids.

Laura said...

That looks like such a fun place to take a vacation. I'm glad you had fun

And happy anniversary!

attack of The Mouse said...

Rebecca,
Email me at krmouse@yahoo.com. Then I can give your email address to Bridget, and also I will email you back with her info. We'd love to have you join the MV website.

Anonymous said...

love her to play with my balls