"Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather the moments that take our breath away."

Sunday, October 28, 2007

A Weekend Away

So it worked out that a few friends and I got to go to Chicago to see "Wicked" last weekend. the shopping was good, the company was great, and the show was amazing. It was nice to get away but it was the first time I had ever left either of the kids over night so even though I had a ball it wasn't easy to be away from my little family. However, the kids had a good time with daddy so I think we all won. Here are a few pics from the trip. Thank you to Adri for always having a camera handy.

This was an amazing show!!! It made the trip spectacular.

This is part of Chicago from the Ferris wheel at Navy Pier. What a beautiful day!!!

We weren't terribly excited to pose on the wall but Adri insisted, I think it turned out cute.

All in all we had a really good trip. Most of the girls that went will be leaving after this year so it was kind of a last bash. I'm really glad we got to go!!!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I am glad you had a fun trip to Chicago. I would have loved to have been there too! I have been dying to see Wicked. I bet it was great!

Jami said...

I'm jealous you saw wicked. My family was trying to get into it while we were in New York but couldn't get tickets. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Kyrsten said...

This is my second time hearing about the show Wicked! I think I need to look into seeing it. I wonder what cities it plays in? Sounds like you had a fun get away. I can imagine how you felt leaving your lil family... I feel like that after a few hours away. I'll have to hear more about your trip & what you all saw. I didn't ride the ferris wheel on the Navy Pier while I was there. Looks like you had some great views! That's a really unique city isn't it?