"Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather the moments that take our breath away."

Monday, June 9, 2008

He's No Longer our LITTLE Boy

I think this totally takes him out of the little boy phase and puts right in the BIG BOY category. Brady has been trying to talk Caden into learning to ride his bike with out training wheels. He has some friends that are older who he adores so he has been tempted but is still a little hesitant. On Saturday we got home from running errands and out of the blue Caden said, "I'm going to ride my bike with out training wheels today." He came inside and put on his helmet and knee pads and waited for about an hour while Brady and I put everything away. We finally got the training wheels off and went outside to begin the adventure. He did an awesome job and it only took him a few tries before he was riding like a champ. We did have a couple mishaps with running into parked cars but He did amazing for only being 3. Way to go Caden!!!

Most of the crashes happened after he had gotten the hang of riding but Brady was trying to teach him to start on his own and that proved to be a little tougher. I don't think there were any tears but you can see the look of frustration on his face in this shot.The spectatorsAll in all he was pretty darn proud of himself

9 comments:

TORI, SHAD, AND TY said...

Wow what a big kid! That looks like so much fun except maybe the crashes! So cute!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! :) GREAT JOB Caden!

Charity Smith said...

I think he got some of that ruff and tuff Smith stuff in him! Wyatt however didn't I think he might be 10 before he finally decideds to take that step!

Adri said...

Myleigh crashes into cars even with the training wheels on. I am scared to think what would happen if we took them off. Way to go, Caden!

ANDY and MANDY said...

LOOK OUT NOW! HELL ON WHEELS. I DON'T THINK IT WILL BE LONG BEFORE JAKE IS THERE TOO. WE JUST HAD TO MOVE HIS SEAT AND HANDLE BARS UP. THEY GROW SO FAST. KAM IS BECOMING MORE OF A CUTIE AND YOU ALL LOOK GREAT. I THINK THE SMITH REUNION WILL BE A BLAST. I CAN'T WAIT!

ANDY and MANDY said...

LOOK OUT NOW! HELL ON WHEELS. I DON'T THINK IT WILL BE LONG BEFORE JAKE IS THERE TOO. WE JUST HAD TO MOVE HIS SEAT AND HANDLE BARS UP. THEY GROW SO FAST. KAM IS BECOMING MORE OF A CUTIE AND YOU ALL LOOK GREAT. I THINK THE SMITH REUNION WILL BE A BLAST. I CAN'T WAIT!

The Terrell Family said...

Yay Caden!! I think this definitely makes him a big boy!

Oh, and I like your short hair, Rebecca.

Veronica said...

Hey I love your hair! That is so great that he is doing that all by himself, definately not a little boy anymore. Sad, but happy moment.

Naomi said...

Go Caden! I can't wait to show the pictures to Abigail- she will just love them! We miss you guys!