"Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather the moments that take our breath away."

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

We have been here for three years now and we have never gone to an Indians Game, until now. Since they are only a Minor League team tickets aren't as expensive and you can just get them at the gate so you don't have to plan too far in advance. We have been kicking the idea around for a while and finally decided to do it. The weather was nice so we packed some snacks, stuck the blanket and stroller in the car and headed downtown. When we got there some really nice man just handed Brady tickets saying that his friends wern't able to make it so he didn't need them, we lucked out. We sat on the lawn, watched the game, and ate snacks. The kids were hyper so they didn't really want to sit and watch but that was the nice thing about the lawn seats. All in all we had a good time and right as the last fireworks were booming overhead they told everyone to hurry home because a tornado warning had just been issued. We got back to our car without one drop of rain but it poured they whole way home...it ended just in time. The best part was the impression it made on Caden. We just signed him up to play T-ball and I have been telling him he gets to play with the big boys because he didn't quite make the cut off but they let him play anyway. So the day after the game it was "meet your team day" for t-ball, right before we left he asked, "do you think I will be on the team we watched last night?" I told him probably not and he was pretty bummed, but after a while he said, "do you think they will at least have fireworks at my games?" I love how enthusiastic he is. Who knows maybe if he is anything like his Daddy someday he will play a game where there are fireworks after.
My adorable little gang

Teahing him all the tricks

Watching the Fireworks...Caden's favorite part

6 comments:

Brett said...

How sweet. Live baseball games are the best. I'm glad you guys had fun. I for sure want to get together when you come down. I would love to go to Malorie's wedding.

TC said...

Oh My...you guys have good genes! Your kids are gonna be such heartbreakers when they grow up...oh wait...they already are:) Have more:)

ANDY and MANDY said...

LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD FUN! WE WILL HAVE TO TRY AND GO FISHING. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL.

Unknown said...

Wow, what a fun time! The kids look so adorable as always, I bet they loved getting out and doing stuff like that! Good thing you missed the storm! Well I hope I can make it to Mal's wedding so I can see you all!

Lindy said...

That looks like so much fun. I should have forced John to go!!!

Veronica said...

Love it! We went to the Kansas City Royals a couple times when we were in Kansas and it is such a fun atmosphere. It would have been fun with kids, to see their excitment.