"Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather the moments that take our breath away."

Saturday, June 21, 2008

A Spectacular Book

I got a great book from a good friend and it is just too wonderful not to share. It is called "I Am a Mother" by Jane Clayson Johnson. It is a great reminder that this role we have as mothers is a noble and important role and we should never be ashamed to say "I am a mother." I haven't even finished it yet but am loving what I have read so far. One of my favorite thoughts so far is "while I am in the process of building a firm foundation of love and righteousness for my children, the Lord is in the process of building me, his daughter. And knowing that God has a hand in my life makes everything I go through here as a mother, a wife, and a woman-worthwhile." It is full of stuff we have all heard before but reading it makes me fill great to be doing what I am as a mother.

1 comment:

Veronica said...

That sounds so great, sometimes as mom's I know we feel inadequate, and that sounds like a great reminder of how important a mother's role is. I will have to find that book soon. thanks