"Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather the moments that take our breath away."

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Fun with Grandma and Grandpa

We are having such a blast with Grandma and Grandpa. They came to hang out with us while Brady went to Mexico for the week. Time has flown by...we can't believe Brady will be back tonight!!! We are excited to see him and hope he has had as much fun as we have. The week in a quick overview...we had a birthday party for Brady the night Grandpa and Grandma got here, the next day Brady left around 4:30 in the morning for his trip. Saturday we did some shopping and took the kids to Toys R Us to look around. Sunday we baked and just had fun playing together. Monday we went to "Bouncer Town" where the kids thought they were in heaven. They bounced until they were exhausted (I forgot to take my camera so you will have to imagine how fun this was). Tuesday was preschool. Wednesday was a beautiful day so off we went to the zoo. Some of the animals weren't out yet which was a bummer but we still had a ball. It seem like the zoo never gets old. I guess it helps when my dad is there feeding the baboons Cinnamon gum. Thursday was preschool again, the trike-a-thon for Caden and mini-movers class for Kamrie. Friday we went to "Indy Island" a really fun indoor water park, both of my kids are water lovers... they could swim forever and ever!!! (Guess what, forgot my camera again, what a slacker). Today after the kids have a nap we are going to go to "Horton Hears a Who." Caden has never been to a movie theater before so it will be a total treat. He has just, probably within the last year, started watching movies all the way through so I think he will do great. I'm a little less sure about Kamrie, but she deserves a chance right, at least Grandpa thinks so. Now that I am sitting here typing everything it sounds like we have been going non-stop since they got here but I guess that's what we have to do when they only visit once a year...we have to fit it all in somehow. Anyway, it has been great having them. The kids can't get enough and I won't know how to take care of everything by myself once they leave, they are way too good to me.

5 comments:

Veronica said...

Sounds like you guys have had a blast. I bet the kids are having soo much fun with gma and gpa. Kids definately enjoy being with them. I'm sure you are definately happy to have them there too. Keep having fun. Take care!

Anonymous said...

It looks and sounds like you've been having great fun! How much fun! Grandparents are the BEST! :) Glad that your hubby will be home tonight!

Laura said...

For some reason, I'm not surprised at all that your dad was feeding the baboons gum. But I laughed all the same!

I'm glad your parents got to be there while Brady was gone. That definitely makes the time go by faster.

Let us know how the movie is. We want to take Makayla to it, too. Have fun!!

Charity Smith said...

I can so see your dad doing that. LOL I'm so glad they got to see you guys I hope they flow in that is a very very long drive (as you already know!!!)Misty and I have done it about 5 times in the last few years (my grandma lives in Huntington IN and Chad lives in Chicago) and the last time was just me and her with our 5 kids crazy women I know.

Ashley and Cody said...

Sounds like you were quite the tour guide. I'm glad you had a fun time with your parents, but I bet you are very happy to see Brady again.