"Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather the moments that take our breath away."

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Engagement Tag


Our Engagement Story: After Dating at Ricks for about 9 months Brady went to Ohio to install security systems for Apex Alarm and I went home to Idaho for the summer. We left under the title of "friends", although we both knew it was way more. During that summer we talked every single day but I tried dating other people (per Brady's request) while he was gone. As much fun as I had that summer, I just felt that my life was so much more when Brady was around, not thousands of miles away. We finally made it to August still as "friends."
Three weeks before Brady was supposed to come home his sister, Whitnie, randomly showed up on my doorstep. She chatted for bit and then left me with a sealed envelop. I opened it and in her writing was a clue that started a scavenger hunt. I thought, "How sweet Brady had her come do a scavenger hunt for me." So my sisters, my mom, and I jumped in the car and headed to our first destination (no one knew what was going on at this point). We went to a few places around town and finally ended up at the baseball field in my hometown. (baseball was a significant part of our relationship because Brady had played for Ricks the year that we dated, our first kiss was on the baseball field, he first told me he "liked me more than a little bit" on the baseball field, and we went up there often just to talk and get away). I picked up a clue on the pitcher's mound, and then went to get the last one on the bleachers. I picked up the final clue where there was a necklace and a long hand written letter from Brady. Since all the girls were in the car, I decided that I could read it when I got home, so I pick it up and jumped in the car. We drove back to my house which was about a block away from the baseball field. When we got there I was reading the letter and at the end there was a part that I didn't understand. I asked my mom what she thought it meant and she told me to go back to the field, there must be more. Still not sure what to expect at this point, I drove back. As I got close I could see someone standing there on the field...as I got closer I realized it was Brady. I was ecstatic!!! But I still had no idea what was going on. I jumped out of the car and hugged him for what seemed like forever, when I felt him rummaging in his pocket my heart skipped a beat but I still wasn't totally convinced of what was going on. Then he got down on his knee...and the rest is history!!!
We always laugh about it because when I was picking up the clues he was behind the baseball field in the trees watching. I was supposed to stay on the bleachers and read the letter and as I got to the end he was going to come out, but I just picked up the clue and got in the car and left. He wasn't sure what was going on so he just sat there and waited...it's a good thing my mom figured it out and I went back. Thanks mom!

I tag everyone who reads this. It is fun to go back and feel all the excitement again.

13 comments:

Dani said...

I've heard that story before, but it still has to be the cutest I've heard! You are adorable. I miss you. I wish we could scrapbook. Do you still scrapbook???

Kris said...

I love hearing peoples "story" of how the met etc. What a cute story you have! Thanks for sharing!

Janelle said...

That is such a cute story I have a friend who is trying to figure out a good way to propose maybe I'll have to have him read yours!

TORI, SHAD, AND TY said...

What a cute story! I love finding out about how couples got together! You guys are so cute together!

Stacey said...

Ah the memories. That was a great 9 months of dating and I'm glad I was a part of it. It's so funny to think of all the highs and lows.

Laura said...

I love it! I think it's funny that you left..ha ha.

That is such a great picture of you two. Was that an engagement picture?

ChaChaCha said...

that's hilarious that you left! oh, the baseball field, what wonderful memories there! love it.

Anonymous said...

I love your picture first of all, and I love to also read how each couple met and got together. I am so happy that you found him!

Jami said...

That is such a cute picture of you two. I also love to hear how people met what a sweet story.

Veronica said...

Very cute picture of you two. I new the jist of the story but it was nice to get more details.

Lindy said...

That's pretty dern romantic, Brady!

Chelsee Joy said...

What a cute story...You guys look great together...you know when you see those couple that look like they were suposed to be together. Glad you're back. YOur babies are way too cute

Elaine said...

I love it! Thanks for sharing!