"Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather the moments that take our breath away."

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

St. Patricks Day

Since my parents had to leave yesterday, we couldn't plan a lot but we still wanted to do something fun. So we decided to make St. Patrick's Day Cookies for the kids to decorate. We had limited time so we didn't actually make the cookies we just bought the dough, rolled it out, and cut it into shapes for them to frost. The cookies didn't turn out great but the kids didn't care one bit. They had a ball, as always, and although the mess wasn't quite the same as the valentine's cupcakes, it was still significant. I think they ate more frosting than they actually put on the cookies!!!
Hard at work

Still working hard...


She decides to taste it...

Then she thinks everyone needs a taste!!!



After the cookie fiasco we took Grandma and Grandpa to the airport. We were all very sad to see them go but we had tons fun with them. We already can't wait until next time.

We also had a Green Dinner last night. I didn't really think of it until the last minute so I just boiled some pasta in green water and colored the Alfredo sauce green. Throw in some broccoli and you have a St. Patrick's Day Feast. Caden thought it was so silly that everything was green and Kamrie apparently didn't know what to think because she absolutely refused to eat which is very out of character for her. After everyone was almost finished she decided to try it and discovered that it wasn't too bad!!!

The Green Dinner

7 comments:

David, Joy, Harley, Oakley & Maverick said...

That is so cute, the green dinner idea. Sure wish I had thought of that. I sent Harley on a hunt for clovers and gold! She enjoyed that. You're kids are darling, when are you going to let them come play?!

Dave*Jenn*Amelia said...

I didn't even think about the green dinner thing. That was a great idea. Your kids are so cute. I made my blog private. So, if you send me your email i'll invite you to it.
jnnfrhdfld@yahoo.com
Jennifer

ChaChaCha said...

That's so funny that Kamrie didn't want to eat the "green dinner"! It was probably quite the mystery for her, haha! That's so cute.

Paige said...

I am glad you had a good visit with your parents. Grandmas & Grandpas are the best!

Veronica said...

Very good idea on the green dinner.. I didn't even relize it was St.Patricks day until like 6:00 at night, so we didn't do anything, not sure I would of thought of anything to do anyways. I but it was hard for your parents to leave.
Are you coming home this summer?

Veronica said...

So ignore my question on if you are coming home this summer, I totally spaced that Mallory is getting married.

TORI, SHAD, AND TY said...

I LOVE ALL THE GREEN YOU GOT INTO THE DAY! GOOD WORK! I AM TERRIBLE- I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT ST PATTY'S DAY. OOPS! IT LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS HAD A FUN DAY THOUGH!