"Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather the moments that take our breath away."

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Big Hunt

For those of you who don't know much about my family, they are avid hunters. If this isn't your thing or perhaps something you are strongly opposed to you may want to skip this post altogether. They seriously hunt EVERYTHING! Caden thinks life in Idaho is so cool. From the camping to the dead animals and everything in between. This summer as we were camping with my family, Dad got a wild idea that the grand kids needed a small gun that fit them better for target practice and such. He ended up finding just what he wanted, a Savage Cub. Caden loved shooting the silhouettes at camp and was even more excited when Dad took him out shooting squirrels. The fist trip was unsuccessful but the second proved to be very fruitful. Caden shot 6 squirrels, most of which he said "he blew the nerves out of." He was able to salvage one to bring home for the pictures. After we had a few trophy pics of his first big kill, Caden asked for a bucket of water to wash the blood off of it. I'm not sure what kind of ritual he was having but I had to let him do his thing. I did draw the line however when he asked to bring it home to Denver to show his dad.
Kamrie just wanted to be a part of it all.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Why does this not surprise me? Probably because I've known your family for a long time. I couldn't help laughing a little bit, though.